Study Room Policy
On the second floor of the library, there are small study rooms with seating for four people in each room. There are dry erase boards in five of the rooms. Markers and erasers are available for check-out at the front desk. These rooms are intended for small groups and are not available for individual use. These rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
LITC 214 is able to seat 10 and is equipped with a computer, projector, and screen. This room can be reserved.
LITC 217 has seating for 10 and contains a round table with an Apple TV, LCD TV, and DVD/VHS player.
Absolutely no food is allowed in any of the above rooms. Drinks are permissible if they have a secured top (cap, lid, can top, etc).
The use of these rooms is limited to current students, faculty and staff of Coker University.
†The loan period for faculty and staff will be overridden by existing reservations.
‡Room keys are not to leave the library; however, if a faculty or staff member needs a room for successive days, the library staff will hold the key for them.
- Coker University students may check out media rooms and study rooms for a period of 3 hours. This may be extended by 2 hours if there are no other patrons waiting.
- Students may only checkout conference rooms if they are not currently reserved and if there are at least 6 students who will be using the room.
- Coker University faculty and staff may check out media rooms, study rooms, and conference rooms.†‡
- Conference rooms may be reserved by Coker University faculty or staff through the LITC circulation desk however, study rooms and media rooms are on a first come first serve basis.
- If any damage is observed in a study room, please report it to the Circulation Desk.